Frequently Asked Questions
My Control Switch Handset shows a set of letters. The numbers are gone and I can?t raise or lower my desk. How do I fix that?
Can I talk to someone local to me? I may want to see a sample.
Yes. Check our list of representatives in a region near you. Contact the closest one and they will accommodate you!
I want to see a demo but I don?t want to visit a showroom. Can you help me?
Yes. How are your mental telepathy skills? We’re aces at it! We can do a demo in your mind. Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and… Just kidding. We use Zoom and yes, we can do a video virtual demonstration for you.
Benefits of Sit-Stand Desks
What are the health benefits of having sit-stand desks?
Sit-stand desks combat problems incurred by workers sitting too much. Used properly, height-adjustable sit-stand desks can:
- Enhance productivity up to 45 percent, according to a Texas A&M study
- Reduce upper back and neck pain by as much as 54 percent, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Improve workplace mood and job satisfaction, according to the Take-a-Stand Project
- Increase fitness, burn calories and reduce obesity by releasing positive enzymes, according to the Mayo Clinic
- Decrease risk of cancer, Type 2 Diabetes and cardiovascular disease, according to Alberta Health Sciences-Cancer Care in Canada
How does using sit-stand desks help improve worker productivity?
Height-adjustable sit-stand desks have proven to increase productivity in environments where workers properly use the desks. In addition to helping reduce workstation injuries and related illnesses, workers are more engaged and productive due to less fatigue.
Will having sit-stand desks help attract and retain valued employees?
Most definitely. To help attract and retain valued employees, today’s most progressive organizations such as Apple, Google and Facebook have made it a standard. These companies standardize on sit-stand desks because they believe the benefits to their workers far outweigh the nominal costs.
Are sit-stand desks helpful in hot-desking environments?
Yes, if desks are shared by multiple users, height-adjustable desks can easily adjust to the various heights of the users. In the case of LifeDesk SmartLegs, they can raise and lower to meet the proper sitting and standing requirements of workers from 5’7″ to 6’3″ in height.
Does having sit-stand desks help reduce illness and related medical and disability claims?
Yes. Because height-adjustable desks are proven to increase workplace wellness, they can help reduce medical- and disability-related costs. They are proven to help reduce workplace injuries and increase fitness. They are also proven to help reduce absenteeism and presenteeism (which refers to when people come to work sick or injured), because they help create a healthier workforce.
What's the ideal ratio of sitting to standing during a work day?
A Cornell University study recommends 20 minutes sitting, 8 minutes standing, and 2 minutes of dynamic activity every 30 minutes. This “20/10 protocol” results in a total of 32 transitions in an eight-hour workday. However, standing just six times for 10-15 minutes every day also delivers a dramatic improvement in worker wellness.
About the LifeDesk SmartLeg App
What is the LIfeDesk SmartLeg App?
Compatible with LifeDesk SmartLegs, the LifeDesk SmartLeg app is designed to encourage workers to properly use their sit-stand desks for health and productivity benefits. The app recommends personalized settings based on the user’s height and sends reminders on proper sit-stand transitions. It is now available for iOS and Android devices.
What is the benefit of using the LifeDesk SmartLeg App?
Studies have shown that the majority of sit-stand desk users don’t understand how to use their height-adjustable desks, including how often they should transition from sitting to standing throughout the day. LifeDesk developed the LifeDesk SmartLeg app to provide an easy way for users to make the proper sit-stand transitions, resulting in measurable results that deliver a positive return on investment on their sit-stand desks.
What features are included in the LifeDesk SmartLeg App?
- Integrates with LifeDesk SmartLegs’ smart technology control box to manage the height adjustability of the sit-stand desk;
- Recommends correct desk positioning for sitting and standing as well as typing and reading based on each user’s height;
- Provides memory settings that allow users to easily store their height preferences, so even if they travel between regional offices, co-working spaces or a home office, the settings stay with them wherever they go;
- Reminds users when it’s time to sit or stand, making it easy for them to reap the benefits; and
- Advises users of calories burned; users can burn an additional 28,000 calories per year by applying the right mix of sitting and standing, which can result in a loss of 9-10 pounds.
How do you get started with the LifeDesk SmartLeg App?
- After installing LifeDesk SmartLegs underneath an existing work surface, download the free app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- Easily connect the app to the LifeDesk SmartLegs with patent-pending smart technology that provides automatic pairing.
- Set recommended sitting and standing heights.
- Input recommended transitions.
- Track daily weekly and monthly performance.
- Measure performance in relation to goal setting.
Is there a LifeDesk SmartLeg Desktop App?
Is there a LifeDesk SmartLeg Enterprise App?
How does gamification improve usage of sit-stand desks?
About LifeDesk? SmartLegs?
LifeDesk SmartLegs replace the legs and or supports on virtually any existing work surface to enhance it into a sit-stand desk. The sturdy telescoping legs raise and lower the desk to the proper ergonomic heights for each individual’s proper sitting and standing positions.
How are LifeDesk SmartLegs controlled?
LifeDesk SmartLegs are powered by a control box with a small yet powerful electric motor for each leg that is installed underneath the work surface, The desk can be programmed to four settings unique to each person’s individual sitting and standing heights. The legs can also be controlled by the free LifeDesk SmartLeg App.
Can LifeDesk SmartLegs be added to any desk?
Do LifeDesk Smart Legs accommodate the heights of most workers?
Yes. LifeDesk SmartLegs provide the proper ergonomic sit and stand positions for 99.8% of the population, which encompasses people from 5’7″to 6’3″ in height. Find out what sitting and standing heights are right for your workers.
What is the right height for sitting and standing?
The ergonomically correct heights for sitting and standing are unique to each individual and depend on the person?s height, eye range and elbow range. For example, someone 5’0″ tall will require a desk about 22 inches tall for the sitting position while someone 6’0″ requires a 28-inch desk. A standard office desk is 28 inches tall, so it is a proper ergonomic fit only for a person 6’0″, which is not most of the population.
Do LifeDesk SmartLegs electrically raise and lower the desk or does the desk have to be manually moved up and down?
What are the benefits of the LifeDesk SmartLeg App?
Using the free LifeDesk SmartLeg App, users can track their sit-stand usage and measure their transitions throughout the day. This helps ensure that the desks are being used for the proper number of transitions throughout the day to help improve workplace wellness and elevate worker productivity. The Apps are available at the Apple App Store and Google Play.
How much weight can LifeDesk SmartLegs hold?
What assembly is required?
What is the energy power draw of LifeDesk SmartLegs?
The energy power draw is nominal, costing less than $5 per year per desk in electric utility costs, according to real-life customer tests. This is a fraction of the cost of potential worker injuries or illnesses due to sitting too much.